When requesting your first Betway withdrawal you may be requested to send in your FICA documents. In order to stay compliant with the South African FICA requirements, Betway South Africa are required to adhere with the requirements of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act 2001 (“FICA”) which sets out, inter alia, requirements in relation to customer registration and identification. In this guide we are going to explain how to fica your Betway account so that you can get your hands on your hard earned winnings, fortunately the fica process is straight forward when following the steps below;
Betway FICA Guide
Betway asks players to FICA their accounts for various reasons, the most common one is that they want to be sure that they are paying the correct account holder. It’s important that you FICA your Betway account as soon as possible as it will help with all future withdrawals and transactions. The last thing you want to be bothered with after a big win is searching for documents, so we recommend you submit your FICA documents to Betway as soon as you open an account.
What FICA documents do Betway need?
Betway have made the fica process very simple and straightforward, all you need to send in a valid copy of your photo identity document. Betway accept most ID documents and you can use any of the below to FICA your Betway account;
- Valid Green Coded ID Book
- Valid Smart ID Card
- Valid Drivers License
- Valid Passport
To ensure that Betway process your documents quickly we highly recommend you send in a high quality copy or photo of the relevant ID document.
Betway FICA documents upload guide
Once you have a valid form of ID then the next step is to submit or upload the document to Betway;
- Log into your Betway account
- You will receive a pop-up requesting FICA documents. Click on Upload Now
- Upload a copy of your Green Coded ID / Smart ID Card / Drivers License / Passport
- You only need to submit one form of ID
- Upload the copy of your chosen form of ID
- You will receive an email confirmation from Betway as soon as your documents have been verified
- Verification may take up to 48 hours, but please allow for additional time during peak times and on weekends
- You’ve now completed the Betway FICA process and are free to deposit and bet
Email Betway your FICA documents
If the above method was not successful and you were unable to upload your documents then there is a second method that you can use to send the documents, email. Betway can be send documents via the FICA@betway.co.za email address. Be sure to add FICA documents to the subject and include your personal details like name and surname in the email to help speed up the process.
FICA is a breeze
It really is that easy to FICA your Betway account, just be sure to stick to the process listed above and ensure you send through a good copy of the ID document you uploaded. It usually takes 24-48 hours for Betway to verify the FICA documents so you’ll need to be patient, which is why The Gambler recommends that you send in the documents when you open a new Betway account.
More Betway Help Guides
- How to do a Betway Password Reset
- Install the Betway SA App
- Betway Data Free Betting
- How to withdraw from Betway
- How to use Betway Cash Out