After a series of mainly fruit-themed Hold & Spin titles, Pragmatic Play is back with Floating Dragon Megaways, a new online slot created in collaboration with Reel Kingdom. This Asian-themed game has a traditional 5-reel, 3-row layout with 10 active paylines on the reels, and starts from as little as 20c a bet. With its popularity soaring on sites like Hollywoodbets Spina Zonke, our detailed Floating Dragon Slot Review offers you some good insights into the features of this fascinating slot as well as where and how to play in South Africa.
Floating Dragon Megaways Hold & Spin Theme
Floating Dragon Megaways Hold & Spin sweeps you away to a serene environment where an Asian kite festival is underway somewhere in the Far East. The beautifully animated reels are set against the backdrop of a moody sky filled with colourful kites in the form of birds, butterflies, fish, and of course, the famous floating dragon. The dreamlike world of this game is further enhanced by the gentle and soothing sound of wind instruments in the background, which feels incredibly surreal. The game itself is similar in gameplay to Big Bass Bonanza.
Floating Dragon Hold & Spin Bonus Features
No slot would be complete without some handy Bonus Features, so here’s what you can expect to find in Floating Dragon Hold & Spin:
Hold & Spin: Let’s start with the Hold & Spin feature which is integral to the gameplay in Floating Dragon Megaways Hold & Spin (the game name should make that obvious). This bonus round is triggered when you land three gold coin symbols on the middle reel, which are also worth up to 20x your bet. You are initially awarded 3 re-spins but each time a new gold coin lands on the screen, the number of re-spins remaining resets to 3 again.
Free Spins: This feature is triggered by hitting 3, 4, or 5 Scatter symbols anywhere on the reels. The number of Free Spins awarded depends on how many scatters you land:
- 3 Scatters – 10 Free Spins
- 4 Scatters – 15 Free Spins
- 5 Scatters – 20 Free Spins
During Free Spins, Wilds can land and collect the cash value of all the money fish symbols on the screen. For every 4 Scatter symbols collected, you’ll receive a larger multiplier and more Free Spins. The first, second and third Scatter symbols collected will increase your bet multiplier to 2x, 3x and 10x respectively, plus 10 more Free Spins are given each time.
Diamond symbols: During Re-spins, diamond symbols worth between 100x and 5,000x can land on the reels randomly as a kind of jackpot. If your Re-spins end before you’ve won 20x your stake, 3 more Re-spins are instantly awarded.
Floating Dragon Bonus Buys
In most games, Pragmatic Play allows you to pay your way to Free Spins and more if you so wish. The Floating Dragon Megaways slot has two bonus buy options, where players can either purchase Free Spins or the special Hold & Spin Feature.
- Free Spins Bonus Buy: Your first option is to buy 10 Free Spins at a cost of 100x your stake. For perspective, the cost is equivalent to 100 standard spins and this feature is naturally triggered by landing three Scatters in the base game. However, there is no option to buy 15 or 20 Free Spins which would usually be triggered by hitting 4 or 5 Scatters respectively.
- Hold & Spin Bonus Buy: This Bonus Buy option is more expensive than the standard Free Spins at 120x your stake. The opportunity to collect gold coins worth up to 20x makes this bonus superior to the Free Spins and justifies the extra cost. Landing three gold coins triggers the bonus round. To begin, you’ll get 3 re-spins, but when a new gold coin lands, your remaining re-spins resets to 3 again.
How to Play Floating Dragon Slot in South Africa
To play Floating Dragon in South Africa, you’ll need to visit your favourite betting site that offers Pragmatic Play slots. If you haven’t signed up with any already, there are a few recommended sites at the end of this article.
Here’s how to play Floating Dragon in South Africa on your preferred site:
- Log in and find the slots or casino games section.
- If the games are categorised, select “Pragmatic Play” as the provider.
- Scroll through the games until you find “Floating Dragon Megaways”.
- Click the icon to launch the game.
- Once the game screen has loaded, select your bet size and adjust if necessary.
- Click the spin button button to start the game.
- Combine matching symbols on the reels to earn payouts.
Floating Dragon Hold & Spin Maximum Win
The Floating Dragon Hold & Spin maximum win is 5,000x. To achieve this payout you’ll probably need to land a diamond symbol during the Free Spins bonus and hope your multiplier can keep increasing as more Re-spins are awarded.
Floating Dragon RTP and Volatility
The default RTP of Floating Dragon Megaways Hold & Spin is 96,71%, which is pretty good when compared to the average online slot in South Africa. The game has high volatility, meaning you can generally expect payouts of a less-than-average frequency but above average in terms of their amount.
Floating Dragon Hold & Spin Demo
To play a demo of this game in South Africa before depositing real money, try the Floating Dragon Megaways Free Play on the Pragmatic Play site. No download or registration is required to get started. Alternatively, you can watch us play Floating Dragon on Hollywoodbets in the video below to see how it works.
Where can I play Floating Dragon?
Floating Dragon is available at most online betting sites in South Africa that offer Pragmatic Play slots. Here is a list of our favourite bookies that have integrated these incredible slot games onto their platforms:
Floating Dragon Features
- Win up to 5000x your bet
- Starts at 20c a spin
- 2 Features to trigger or buy
Floating Dragon Basics
- Game Type : Slots, Spina Zonke
- Software : Pragmatic Play